Joe Biden is the former Vice President of the United States and is determined to rebuild the American middle.
Biden is one of the most recognizable candidates in the current presidential race. He represented the state of Delaware in the U.S. Senate, where he served from 1973 to 2009 and chaired the senate foreign relations committee for almost three decades as well as the senate judiciary committee for eight years.
Joe’s signature issues
Biden states that across the country, too many families are being “left behind,” and he intends to remedy that. Joe believes that in America, no matter where you start in life, there should be no limit to what you can achieve regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, disabilities, or religion. He aims to-
- End violence against women by enacting the Violence against women act of 2019 and ensuring justice for survivors, ending the rape kit backlog, addressing the fatal combination of guns and domestic violence, etc.
- Invest $1.3 trillion in infrastructure for ten years, to prepare the American middle class to compete in the global economy, to move the U.S. to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, and to ensure that everyone all across our country share in that growth.
- To properly equip our troops when we send them into harm’s way, and to care for them and their families–while they are deployed as well as after they return home.
Issues That Matter
Joe Biden wants to save the American middle class for the economic plan. He believes that considering the middle class’s needs and priorities would in achieving the overall success of America.
- He believes that improvement in lifestyle and income can lead to social and political stability. Unfortunately, this has not been achieved yet due to the lack of opportunities. Based on research Biden addressed that it’s not just perception, but middle-class folks are in real trouble.
- A study shows that Middle-Class household annual income is only two-thirds compared to other household sectors.
- Studies show that 20% of America’s population has fully recovered from the great recession, whereas the middle class hasn’t recovered from the same.
- Corporate profit has gone up; however, the middle-class wages are stagnant, and the families are under the pressure of paying off their health bills and how to secure a college for their children. He has promised to undo the Republican tax cut on cooperation and the wealthy.
Since March 23, 2010, The Obama-Biden administration made “the affordable healthcare act” into a reality that helps people as they can utilize insurance of a company without being denied even when they have a pre-existing condition and much more. For the future, Joe Biden’s Plan includes –
- Under this act lifetime, limits or annual limits cannot be set by insurance companies for their insurance coverage plans.
- Biden wants to give every American access to affordable health insurance.
- He aims to offer hassle and stress-free quality and affordable health care. Also, he wants to ensure that every citizen would receive a less complex health care facility.
- He wants to limit the launch prices for drugs that face no competition and currently are overpriced by the manufacturers.
- As president Biden will protect the affordable care act from continued attacks as there have been many repeated attacks after it has been passed.
Joe Biden’s plan to reduce cybercrime is reasonable as he believes in a better information campaign instead of counter-attacking Russia by forming allies with Europe. Also, Meanwhile, he thinks the government should be pressuring tech companies to transform their practices around privacy, inspection, and hate speech.
- He was more transparent by saying that their staff should follow the training and extra protection while logging into digital accounts.
- He wishes to see the cyberspace being defended and protected, along with securing a digital ecosystem.
- Biden proposes to work with U.S. allies to develop 5G cellular networks and additional advanced technologies to guarantee they remain secure from invasion by U.S. adversaries.
- He has repeatedly warned of the vulnerability of U.S. cyberinfrastructure—including transportation networks, electrical grids, and election systems—to attack, sabotage, and infiltration. He calls for more significant investment and higher regulatory standards.
- While Biden has called some of the proposals to break up Facebook and other social media giants prematurely, he says the choice should be acknowledged.
Joe Biden wants to reform the issue of criminal Justice by pushing Equality, Equity, and Justice in the same stream. This way, he claims that America will have a stable and unbiased Criminal justice system that would help America grow, prosper, and earn reputation worldwide.
- Unlike other presidential candidates, Joe Biden wants to build safer and healthier communities by rethinking, who will be sent to jail, how they are treated in prison. Moreover, he aims to help accused prisoners acquire healthcare, education, and housing for them to re-join society and live successfully.
- Everyone should feel safe regardless of which race they belong to. Likewise, every police officer’s family should know that tell return home safely every night.
- If Biden becomes the president, he will not have people incarcerated solely for drug use.
- He believes reducing the number of incarcerated people will, in turn, reduce the federal spending on incarceration. He proposes that the savings earned out of these should be invested in communities that have been impacted by mass incarceration.
- Indeed, a lot of people with mental illness or substance abuse disorder end up incarcerated. Biden wishes to eliminate this by taking extra care and a better decision when it comes to this matter.
Joe Biden has offered a plan which supports the teacher’s need that they deserve. He wants to invest in all children from birth so that regardless of their zip code, parents’ income, race, or disability, they are prepared to succeed in tomorrow’s economy.
- As president, bidden will see to it that no child’s educational future will entirely rely on their parent’s income, zip code, or their disability.
- He supports our educators with the pay and dignity they deserve.
- He will provide aid to everyone who supports kids at school regardless of them being teachers, bus drivers, secretaries, or school nurses as they all play a part in molding children into successful adults of the future.
- A child who is lagging in school would make a difference if they had an adult mentor or teacher believing and fighting for them.
- Education is both challenging and rewarding poster education is across the country get paid lesser than what they serve; Biden will support them with resources so that they would have taken all the responsibilities on their own.
- He will check with the passage of legislation to make students are safe; this will be done by campaigning legislation to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
Joe Biden was among few Democrats who have been accused by Julian Castro, the leader of the decriminalization faction section. Julian Castro stated that Biden and other Democrats were “taking the bait” on Republican talking points.
The immigration plan released on Wednesday by Joe Biden mainly focuses on Un-doing and reverting President Trump’s Policies.
His policies include:
- Biden has proposed reforms to the legal immigration system, which consists of a plan to create a new visa category that would allow countries to apply for higher levels of immigrants.
- He will support Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), which was initially Obama’s plan to give temporary protection to unauthorized minor immigrants brought to the US.
- Biden promises to end the long ongoing process of keeping immigrants in detention endlessly, which eventually separates families.
- He also aims to stop large scale immigration raids to arrest unauthorized immigrants who happen to be living and working in the US.
- Even the toughest anti-immigrant policy,” public charge” will be ended by him as it is challenging for low-earning immigrants to enter and settle in the US.
- He would reconsider to lift Migrant Protection Protocols wherein approximately a hundred thousand migrants were sent back to Mexico while they await their US court hearing.
- Proposition to invest $4 billion over 4 years to combat corruption has been made by him. This investment will also be used to develop civil society, incentivize countries to conduct reforms and attract private sector investment.
Biden understands and has highlighted the healthcare needs of the veteran, especially post-traumatic stress disorder. He argues that economic conditions play a fundamental role in global stability. He makes strong points on how courageous the US military men are, as they serve their country when it needs them to. They are away from their families, and lastly, providing the necessary support is not a topic to be debated. His policies include:
- Biden will see to it that Military concerns are resolved fairly.
- Protect undocumented members of armed services, veterans, and their spouses from deportation because they are willing to risk their lives for the country and their families have earned a chance to live safe, healthy, and productive lives in America.
- He promises to end the “forever war” in Afghanistan and the Middle East and terminate US involvement in Yemen civil war.
- In his first year of presidency, he would convene a global summit of democracy, which will bring together political and civil leaders along with those from private sectors.
- As president, Biden would re-arrange with Iran if it returns to the limits of the 2015 deal.
- He would immediately rejoin Paris climate agreements and urge the world’s leading economies to minimize carbon emissions.
- Under his administration, the Defense Department’s Suicide prevention office will have the resource and staff required to make smart investments with the allocated funds.
- He will ensure that all those in need of care have quality support and assistance by strengthening coordination with stakeholders and private sectors.
Joe Biden’s gun plans will have the most significant change into America’s gun laws in more than two decades as it’ll involve background checks and an assault weapon ban for a safer America. Biden’s campaign said,” it is within our grasp to end our gun violence epidemic and respect the Second Amendment, which is limited. As president, Biden will pursue constitutional, common-sense gun safety policy.” More steps to overcome gun violence by Biden are:
- Joe Biden intends to keep background checks, an assault weapon ban, more resourcefulness towards enforcements on existing laws, a public push for the development of smart guns.
- He will have multiple states to adopt “red flag” laws, which allows courts to confiscate guns from people who seem as a risk to themselves and others.
- He will develop gun licensing systems.
- Will bring change in what kinds of weapons people can buy, where they use them, and safe storage. This minimizes gun violence on a large scale.
- His proposals would close several loopholes in existing laws, which in turn will make it less hard to sue a gun manufacturer or seller who sells guns that somehow end up under criminal usage.
Joe Biden has laid out his foreign policy vision for America to restore dignified leadership at home and respectful leadership on the world stage. He argues that policies at home and abroad are deeply connected.
- He vows to advance the security, prosperity, and values of the U.S. by taking immediate steps to renew democracy alliances, protect the economic future, and place America at the head of the table once again, leading the world to address the most urgent global challenges.
- In Biden’s administration, America will lead by example and rally the world to meet common challenges that no one nation can face on its own. The concerning issues include climate change, nuclear warfare, mass migration, etc.
- There were will no more policies or failures to uphold basic democratic principles.
- He will immediately return to daily press briefings at the White House, U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Defense.
- He would bring back many allies and form newer ones as America has lost too many allies.
- Biden has proposed a global summit for democracy during his first year in office to renew the spirit and shared purpose of nations of the free world.
Joe Biden is ready to fight through criticism of opponents over his role in passing policies that are mandated for the betterment of America in the long run. He prefers to practice what he preaches by putting self-imposed limits on how they raise money for election bids. Biden’s Electoral reform plan include:
- Critics say that Joe Biden is the ideal candidate who can lift America again. He would do so by first initiating the reforms to fix the damages that have been caused by the previous President.
- He will bring in many positive changes from his first year as President, which means his remaining years will be even better.
- When comparing with other candidates, Biden has a stronger hold over issues of identity and character, both national and personal.
- Electoral shouldn’t be about the presidential candidate alone, but their views on what they will represent as a president, in this aspect Biden has a strong footing in the election.
Cannabis & Marijuana
Biden has said that the States should decide on legalization. He also added that he supports only medical marijuana. Many have accused him of referring to marijuana as a “Gateway drug.” However, it has been proven that his words were “some say that it is” as part of the debate whether or not it is a gateway drug that could lead to more harmful substances.
- Biden believes that Cannabis needs to be studied more to determine whether it could be detrimental when combined with other substances.
- He said that marijuana should be decriminalized and that anyone convicted for using the drug should have their criminal record “wiped totally clean, completely clean.”
- He would end federal prohibition of this drug and expunge federal convictions for its use and possession.
- If it cannot be legalized in all the states, depending on public opinion, then he will replace criminal punishments with civil fines.
Climate and Energy
Biden is concerned about our planet’s conservation just like everyone else and agrees that we need to take drastic action to address the climate change emergency. He has stated multiple times that there is no greater challenge our country and our world are facing as it affects not only the environment and health but also economic well-being and national security up to a concerning level.
- Biden suggests the Green New Deal as a critical structure to get through climate change.
- As president, Biden will lead the world to address the climate change emergency and guide through the power of example, by ensuring the US achieves a 100% clean energy economy and net-zero emissions no later than 2050.
- He has promised to build a stronger nation from day one by choosing to make smart infrastructure investments and rebuild the country as much as possible with buildings, transportation, and energy infrastructure that can withstand the impacts of climate change.
- He will recommend the United States to Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Biden will reunite the rest of the world for the same as climate change should be dealt with by as many countries as possible, as it is a world threat.
- He will make sure these commitments are transparent and enforceable.
- He will end the abuse of power by polluters who harm communities of color and low-income communities.
- Biden wants Congress to pass emission limits with “an enforcement mechanism where polluters must bear the cost of carbon pollution they emit,” which would reduce emissions.
Joe Biden says President Trump’s tariffs on China have only hurt American consumers. He still stands firm on his opinion to stay tough on Beijing to counter intellectual property theft and trade abuses. He has supported efforts to combat the problem of plants and animals being brought to the US without proper channels, which ultimately leads to alteration and invasion of non-native species of plants and animals. His plans will help to uplift many farmers as they’ve recently experienced a drop in income because commodity prices have gone down.
- He would renegotiate with China and renew trade barriers and coordinate other trade-related approaches in a way to retain ongoing trade, and he wishes to forge new allies.
- Biden would make two definite changes to the strategy of foreign trade: 1) Emphasis on adding domestic concerns over trade as part of his “foreign Policy for Middle Class.” 2) Biden’s Pledge that all future trade negotiations would include input from labor and environmental leaders.
- He will boost the country’s trade, and invest in helping allies, unlock enormous potentials of our societies.
- Supporting American farmers who are about to start their business.
- The Biden Administration will partner with small and mid-size farmers and help them to create supply chains to deliver their products while it is still fresh.
- His plans aim to achieve net-zero emissions through a mix of incentives and by allowing farmers to participate in carbon markets.
- The Biden Administration will reinvest in agriculture research by bolstering funding for the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Social & Religious Issues
As he was born to an Irish-Catholic family, Joe Biden briefly considered becoming a priest when he was a young student. However, his interest in politics was stronger, and he wanted to be a politician when he was in high school. Biden appointed the first White House Advisor on Violence Against Women to prevent gender-based violence. Even after leaving the White House, he has been actively involved in campaigns to prevent sexual assault.
- Biden voted in favor of the bill to ban only late-term abortions.
- He voted against limiting the appeal of those facing the death penalty as these crimes include: terrorist homicides, the murder of federal law enforcement officers, drive-by shooting resulting in death.
- He voted in favor of expanding the definition of hate crimes to include sexual orientation. He believes that there is no reason for us to be frightened by same-sex marriage as long as the marriage brings them stability.
- As president, he would immediately provide insurance to children under the age of 18 under healthcare coverage.
- In 2007, he voted for the Fair Minimum Wage Act, which leads to a rise of minimum wage from $5.15 an hour to $7.25 an hour. As president, he would bring similar significant changes.
Joe Biden wants to see higher taxes only on the wealthier population of the country, especially those who obtain their income from stock ownership and other investments. He believes that new tax policies are needed to make the market right during historical periods of economic inequality. He practices what he preaches, and he has been transparent by releasing his tax returns along with his wife, Jill. To make America’s economy right again:
- The plan calls for an increase of corporate tax rate to 28% from 21% and a minimum tax of 15% on the nation’s most profitable companies directed at corporate giants.
- He will increase the amount of tax paid by wealthy Americans without imposing a new tax on America’s wealth.
- He would end the step-up basis rule that allows people who inherit stocks and property to pay little or no taxes on that asset.
- Raise the top income tax rate to 39.6 percent, where it had been previous to the Trump tax cuts.
- Cap the number of deductions the wealthy can take.